Alabama State Junior Player of the Year
Ethan Hagood and Michaela Morard: 2017 Alabama State Junior Players of the Year
Male Junior Player of the Year:
Ethan Hagood, 2018, of Birmingham, AL is a rising senior at Spain Park High School. Champion at 2017 Southern Golf Association: Southern Junior Amateur Championship by birdieing his last 5 holes, including all 3 playoff holes. Finished 3rd at the Alabama Golf Association: Alabama State Junior Championship and won multiple Southeastern Junior Golf Tour events. He was also a member of the champion Team Alabama at this years Southern Junior Cup in Oxford, MS. Currently committed to play golf at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Female Junior Player of the Year:
Michaela Morard, 2020, of Huntsville, AL is a rising sophomore at Randolph School. She is the 2017 Alabama Golf Association: Girls State Junior Champion, finished T3 at the Junior PGA Championship, and made the Round of 64 at both the U.S. Girls Junior and U.S. Womens Amateur. She was a member of the champion Team Alabama at this years Southern Junior Cup in Oxford, MS. She will also represent Alabama at this years United States Golf Association: Women's State Team (September, 26-28), which will be her 3rd USGA event in 2017. She is currently committed to play golf at the University of Alabama.
Player of the Year Selection Process:
- Selection is based on the Alabama State Junior Golf Rankings
- Rankings points accumulated from September 1 thru August 31 will be taken into consideration
Junior Golfers graduating in current academic calendar will remain eligible for Alabama State Junior Player of the Year
- Ex: Player that graduates in 2017 remains eligible for 2017 Player of the Year honors
- The top male and female in the final rankings, as of August 31, will be awarded the Alabama State Junior Player of the Year
- In the event of a tie for Alabama State Junior Player of the Year, both players will be awarded Player of the Year
- Player of the Year awards will be presented to both the male and female recipient each spring at the annunal Alabama Golf Association Annual Meeting