Men's Southeastern Challenge Match
The 19th Men’s Southeastern Challenge Match took place at Banyan Golf Club, in West Palm Beach, FL, on Oct. 21-22, 2023. The event highlights 12-man teams representing Alabama, Florida and Georgia. Each team consists of seven mid-amateurs (age 25+), one amateur (age 21+) and four senior amateurs (age 50+) selected by their state golf association. The Men's Southeastern Challenge Match take place every other year (odd years).
2023 ResultsFlorida: 25.5
Full Results & History
Team Alabama 2023
|Daniel Burns||Shaw Pritchett|
|Hunter Hawkins||Chris Hummel|
|Blake Watts||Steve Hudson|
|Will McCurdy||David Hancock|
2025: Georgia: TBD
Team Selection Criteria
- The AGA selects a twelve player team to represent Alabama in this biannual competition against Florida and Georgia consisting of seven (7) Mid-Amateurs (25 and older), four (4) Senior Amateurs (two (2) players 50 and older; two (2) players 55 and older), and one (1) player 21 years and older.
- An individual must have competed in an AGA Championship within the last two years as of September 1, 2023 to be eligible. The team selections include:
- (1) Current State Senior Amateur Champion.
- Senior player with the highest point totals from the Alabama Senior Men’s Amateur Rankings as of September 1, 2023
- (2) Senior Amateur player selected by the AGA Championship Committee
- (4) Mid-Amateur players with the highest point totals from the Alabama Men’s Amateur Rankings as of September 1, 2023
- (3) Mid-Amateur players selected by the AGA Championship Committee
- (1) Amateur player 21 and older selected by the AGA Championship Committee
- Any designated selections which are not filled due to ineligibility or other reason will be selected by the AGA Championships Committee.