Navigating Competitive Junior Golf
Levels of Competition
Below is recommened steps to take when developing a schedule that helps maximize your potential. It is recommened that you move on the the next level after being successful at the current level. Success is determined when a player finishes in the top third of all competitions and has been in contention to win tournaments.
- Local: Club Level Programs and Junior Leagues
- Regional: Entry Level Competitive Junior Golf Tours
- State: Multi-day Junior Tours and National Qualifying
- State Junior Championships: AGA State Juniors
- National Level: National Level Junior Golf Tours and State Teams
- State Championships: Compete against the best players in Alabama, regardless of age
- Step 1: Identify "major" competitions (typically 2-5)
- Step 2: Select "secondary" competitions (typically 2-5)
- Step 3: Fill in the calendar with additional regional events (typically 5-10)
Selecting a schedule from the large list of junior tournaments both locally and nationally can be daunting. What makes it even more difficult is each junior's schedule is different and needs to be tailored to fit their specific needs and wants. For assistance in building a schedule, contact the Alabama Golf Association. We will discuss your individual case via email, over the phone, or in person.