Play was suspended for Round One at 2:01 p.m. due to heavy rain downpour and unplayable course conditions.
BIRMINGHAM, AL (June 9, 2021) - Partial Round One results of the 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship of the Alabama Golf Association hosted by Pine Tree Country Club in Birmingham, AL, on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
Round One Information
Play was suspended for Round One at 2:01 p.m. due to heavy rain downpours and unplayable course conditions. There are 77 players that will finish Round One tomorrow. Round One will resume tomorrow, at 8:30 a.m.
JP Cave of Mobile and Connor Newton of Auburn stand T1. Cave is thru 5, and Newton is thru 4. Both are two-under.
Matt Smith of Athens and Harrison Sims of Homewood beat the called-day, finishing one-under 70. They currently stand T3 with the following players:
- Paul Bruce of Guntersville | -1 thru 5
- Jonathan Nelson of Huntsville | -1 thru 5
- Sheldon Statkewicz of Mobile | -1 thru 5
- Jake Dezoort of Tuscaloosa | -1 thru 4
- Ryan Eshleman of Vestavia Hills | -1 thru 3
- Gordon Sargent of Birmingham | -1 thru 2
- Connor Doyal of Birmingham | -1 thru 1
Revised Schedule for Round One
- Practice facilities will open at 7:30 a.m.
- Round One resumes at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, June 10, 2021.
- The original Hole #1 1:40 p.m. tee time is now 8:30 a.m., the 2:00 p.m. tee time is now 8:40 a.m. and so forth.
- The original Hole #10 1:50 p.m. tee time is now 8:30 a.m., the 2:00 p.m. tee time is now 8:40 a.m. and so forth.
Important Notes for Round Two
- Round Two tentatively begins at 1:00 p.m. Thursday, June 10, 2021.
- We will update starting times that reflect your new tee time when determined.
- Round One morning wave that completed play today will not play on Thursday.
- If play is completed tomorrow, then the original Round Two afternoon wave will begin their second round on Friday morning with Round Three scheduled for Friday afternoon.
Please note that rain is forecasted this evening and overnight, and that may alter these resumption plans for tomorrow. We will communicate via email, text, and all social media channels (@bamagolf on Twitter, @alabamagolf on Instagram and Alabama Golf Association on Facebook) with any updates. Our tournament management software is having Text Message delivery issues that are known and being investigated. Check your email and social media, as this may be the best way we currently have to mass communicate.
This Championship is conducted by the Alabama Golf Association. For more information on the 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship, please visit its website here.
About the Alabama Golf Association (AGA)
The Alabama Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization founded in 1915 whose mission is to serve and promote amateur golf in Alabama. AGA membership consists of over 115 member clubs represented by over 21,000 individuals. The activities and services of the Alabama Golf Association, governed by a Board of Directors, consists of Alabama golfers who wish to serve the game and the association through service.
AGA is the USGA's liaison for golf in Alabama, conducting national championship qualifying, administering the USGA Handicap system (which includes the GHIN Handicap service), course & slope rating and education. The AGA annually conducts 23 championships and team match competitions for men, women, juniors, and seniors. The AGA also conducts Alabama high school golf championships and assists with many collegiate events, including the SEC Men's Golf Championship. In addition to competitions, the AGA administers the AGA Women's Scholarship Fund dedicated to assisting young female golfers in higher education and supports the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation.
Since 1980, the AGA has managed the affairs of the Southern Golf Association, which includes conducting the Southern Amateur Championship and Southern Junior Championship in conjunction with the Board of Directors of the Southern Golf Association.
For more information about the Alabama Golf Association, visit www.alabamagolf.org.
Director of Media, Marketing & Communications
Alabama Golf Association