105th Alabama State Amateur Championship - Athens Qualifying Medalist: Jonathan Nelson
ATHENS, AL (May 26, 2021) – Final results of the 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship - Athens Qualifying hosted by Canebrake Club in Athens, AL on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 (6724 yards, par 36-36—72, Course/Slope Rating: 72.5/138).
Championship Links: Final Results
18 qualifying spots, including ties, were available at this qualifying site.
Jonathan Nelson of Huntsville posted five-under 67 to earn medalist honors.
Ryley Heath of Decatur carded four-under 68 to stand second.
Remaining players to advance:
- Zach Ashley of Killen | three-under 69 (3)
- Will McFadden of Mobile | two-under 70 (T4)
- Allen Burnett of Sheffield | two-under 70 (T4)
- Rob Richards of Haleyville | two-under 70 (T4)
- Noah Dennis of Trussville | two-under 70 (T4)
- Michael Frymark of Hoover | two-under 70 (T4)
- Jonathan Spann of Huntsville | one-under 71 (T9)
- Alan Waggoner of Owens Cross Roads | one-under 71 (T9)
- Eric Boutwell Russellville | even-par 72 (T11)
- John Bruce of Guntersville | even-par 72 (T11)
- Iain Griggs of Madison | even-par 72 (T11)
- Matt Smith of Athens | even-par 72 (T11)
- Reagan Harrel of Troy | even-par 72 (T11)
- Sam Gargis of Muscle Shoals | even-par 72 (T11)
- Hunter Franks of Oneonta | even-par 72 (T11)
- Josh Upton of Maylene | even-par 72 (T11)
- Chandler Voss of Hartselle | even-par 72 (T11)
- Cameron Spehar of Hartselle | even-par 72 (T11)
The cut line fell at even-par 72 with 19 players advancing to the 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship.
For more information about the 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship, please visit the Championship website.
The 105th Alabama State Amateur Championship – Athens Qualifier is conducted by the Alabama Golf Association.
About the Alabama Golf Association (AGA)
The Alabama Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational organization founded in 1915 whose mission is to serve and promote amateur golf in Alabama. AGA membership consists of over 115 member clubs represented by over 20,000 individuals. The activities and services of the Alabama Golf Association are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of Alabama golfers who wish to serve the game and the association through service.
AGA is the USGA's liaison for golf in Alabama conducting national championship qualifying, administering the USGA Handicap system including the GHIN Handicap service, course & slope rating and education. The AGA annually conducts 23 championships and team match competitions for men, women, juniors, and seniors. The AGA also conducts Alabama high school golf championships and assists with many collegiate events including the SEC Men's Golf Championship. In addition to competitions, the AGA administers the AGA Women's Scholarship Fund that is dedicated to assisting young female golfers in higher education and supports the Alabama Turfgrass Research Foundation.
Since 1980, the AGA has managed the affairs of the Southern Golf Association which includes conducting the Southern Amateur Championship and Southern Junior Championship, in conjunction with the Board of Directors of the Southern Golf Association.
For more information about the Alabama Golf Association, visit www.alabamagolf.org.
Director of Media, Marketing & Communications
Alabama Golf Association