World Handicap System
New system set to debut on January 1, 2020The Alabama Golf Association is excited to introduce the World Handicap System to our member clubs and golfers.
In advance of the 2020 release of the WHS, the AGA staff will be travelling the state educating Golf staff members, Handicap Chairs, and all interested parties wanting to learn about the WHS. Online training resources will be available as well for those unable to attend an in-person seminar.
To help educate our membership, we strongly encourage you to utilize the resources that we have gathered for you below. You may want to link your website to this page and we highly recommend printing out the WHS infographic posters and displaying them around your club. Please continue to check back often as we will continue to update this page as more information becomes available.
World Handicap System Launch Schedule
- December 15 - Last revision under the USGA Handicap System
- December 31 - Last day to post a score until January 6
- January 1 thru January 5 - Conversion period where all GHIN handicap products will be unavailable (score posting kiosk, mobile app, GHIN.com). Members hold scorecards to be posted once transition is completed.
- January 6 - Launch of World Handicap System. New GHIN products activated. Score posting begins under the WHS Rules of Handicapping
- Tuesday, December 10 - Heron Lakes Country Club, Mobile (5:30pm-7:30pm)
- Wednesday, December 11 - Hoover Country Club, Hoover (8:00am-11:00am)
- Tuesday, December 17 - Huntsville Country Club, Huntsville (1:00pm-4:00pm)
- Register Online
- WHS Overview Video
- 5 Things to Know about WHS
- 13 Key Changes and Why (PDF)
- Top 10 New WHS Features (PDF)
- Infographics and Videos
- WHS FAQ's
- GHIN Golfer Products Overview (PDF)
- 2020 Rules of Handicapping Manual (PDF)
- Transition Checklist (PDF)
- How to Manage Users (PDF)
- Accessing Primary Admin Account (PDF)
- Kiosk Set-Up and Home Courses (PDF)
- Kiosk Offline Sign (PDF)
- Posting a Score (PDF)
- Score Maintenance (PDF)
- Rapid Score Entry (PDF)
- Handicap Management (PDF)
- Golfer Groups (PDF)
- Golfer Email Subscription Management (PDF)
- Golfer Club Memberships (PDF)
- Golfer Primary Account Management (PDF)
- Online WHS Rules of Handicapping Certification Quiz (must be passed by June 30, 2020)
Online Training Webinars Conducted by USGA for Club Administrators (Must register with USGA using links below or click session link to view presentation in PDF)
||Review golfer administration tasks including score posting and Handicap Index management.
Webinars: Nov. 25, Dec. 3, 5, 9, 11, 16, 18
|Kiosk Setup & Overview
||Learn how to setup a Club Kiosk and see a demonstration of the Kiosk features and functionality.
Webinars: Dec. 4, 10, 12, 16, 19
||Preparing your club and golfers for utilizing the new GHIN Product Suite.
Webinars: Nov. 26, Dec. 2, 6
||Review of the available reports for club admins.
Webinars: Dec. 17, 19
- Tuesday, December 3 - Club Admin Portal (2:00pm CT)
- Wednesday, December 4 - Club Kiosk Set-up (1:00pm CT)
- Thursday, December 5 - Club Admin Portal (10:00am CT)
- Friday, December 6 - Club Launch Prep (12:00pm CT)
- Monday, December 9 - Club Admin Portal (2:00pm CT)
- Tuesday, December 10 - Club Kiosk Set-up (8:00am CT)
- Wednesday, December 11 - Club Admin Portal (10:00am CT)
- Thursday, December 12 - Club Kiosk Set-up (2:00pm CT)
- Monday, December 16 - Club Admin Portal (10:00am CT)
- Monday, December 16 - Club Kiosk Set-up (1:00pm CT)
- Tuesday, December 17 - Club Template Report (10:00am CT)
- Wednesday, December 18 - Club Admin Portal (1:00pm CT)
- Thursday, December 19 - Club Template Report (2:00pm CT)
- Thursday, December 19 - Club Kiosk Set-up (9:00am CT)